Welcome back! I hope you had an amazing weekend! Last week was pretty wild having to work from home while also having to make sure my own kids got their work done! We made it through – and if you’re reading this, so did you! That’s an accomplishment! Here’s a quote that summarizes what I’ve been thinking about lately:
This time is definitely difficult, but….the only thing we can do is allow it to make us better and stronger! We’ve got this!
Now onto learning! This week, we will be working on a new concept…finding the area of triangles. Here are the things that you need to do in order to be successful today.
MGSE6.G.1: Find area of right triangles, other triangles, special quadrilaterals, and polygons by composing into rectangles or decomposing into triangles and other shapes; apply these techniques in the context of solving real-world and mathematical problems
- Find the area of a polygon (regular or irregular) by dividing it into squares, rectangles, and/or triangles and find the sum of the areas of those shapes
The following tasks are for:
Monday, March 23rd – Periods 1, 2, and 3
Tuesday, Mach 24th – Periods 4 and 5
Today you will log back into Seesaw. You will see the following assignments available for you to view or work on.
1. Watch the short video in the announcements (inbox)!
2. Watch the video titled “How to Find the Area of a Triangle”.
3. Work your way through the Study Jams tutorial.
4. Lastly, watch the Flocabulary assigned to you. You’ll have to go to the link and put in the class code that will be provided to you in Seesaw. There is a video and a vocab cards activity. Please work through both of these.
Reach out to me or Mrs. Seibert should you need any help! Remember, my office hours are from 9:45 a.m. until 2:45 p.m. each day. Email me at email@example.com or call Mrs. Seibert at 678-842-6917 ext. 027. We’re here to help!